Last week, when we introduced C-EMS 6.0, we chose to leave out an important new piece of news, because we felt it was worthy of it’s own announcement: we’re now offering of our core software integration platform as open source!
Now, within minutes and at no charge, developers can join our community, download Convertigo Community Edition, and start using one of the industry’s most powerful integration tool sets to solve enterprise integration problems for legacy, portal and mobile applications.
Moving our server to open source comes after two other big announcements made earlier this year: participating the GateIn and eXo Platform communities. The Convertigo Community Edition adds significant value to the development cycle by greatly reducing the time and effort it takes to create enterprise mashups, portals and mobile applications.
Convertigo Community Edition is available now under an Affero GPL license. In terms of governance, our R&D department and service team will moderate code contributors and product evolution in accordance with open source community expectations.
Enterprise-class Integration Tools
Community Edition is based on our proven integration technology which mixes and orchestrates data and processes coming from any enterprise or web application. Today, more than 300 Convertigo customers design, publish and deploy next-generation application portals and mobile applications at a fraction of the time and resources it would take using traditional methods. Main functionalities of Convertigo’s Community Edition include:
• Connectors — for any SQL, REST, SOAP, RSS, ATOM or Microsoft Excel file;
• Sequencer — combines, orchestrates and exposes new REST, SOAP or JSON services;
• Gadgetizer — feed portals with services and widgets for Microsoft SharePoint, Oracle Web Center, IBM WebSphere portal or any open source portal;
• Mobilizer — build and deploy cross-platform mobile native or web applications for iOS, Android, BlackBerry and Windows Mobile.
Convertigo Community Edition is the foundational tool set of C-EMS 6.0. A feature comparison chart is available to help you decide which edition is best for your company. If you have enterprise licensing and support requirements, and HTML and mainframe connectors, we also offer the following editions:
• Convertigo Enterprise Edition — for on-premise deployments;
• Convertigo Cloud Edition — for cloud deployments;
• Convertigo Extended Edition — for global deployments.
Here is what Olivier, our CEO, says about Community Edition: “We are excited contribute to an open source enterprise integration solution for global companies. Developers can now test and prepare their business application mashups and mobile projects for free and with confidence. This is a revolutionary approach to agile integration, which helps IT departments cope with limited budgets and staff resources, and growing project backlogs.”
Let us know what you have to say about our new release!